Intel® Math Program Instructors
Thank you for your interest in teaching Intel Math. We are commited to excellence in our program, and our exemplary instructors are an extension of that commitment.
Each course is collaboratively taught by an instructor team consisting of a mathematician and a mathematics educator. Both are not only exemplary in their own field, but proficient in the other's field as well. For more about instructor qualifications, please see the Instructor Selection Rubric.
Instructors are prepared to teach Intel Math at a workshop facilitated by Senior Trainers. Our Senior Trainers are Intel Math instructors who have extensive experience with the course, and represent some of our best instructors.
Typical implementation of the course consists of 13-15 days of instruction, with the number of days varying by the amount of instructional time per day. The course begins with a 5+ consecutive day intensive workshop which often falls during the summer. The rest of the course is distributed over the next few months, often one or two days at a time.
Instructor compensation is typically equivalent to approximately seven to eight weeks of pay, but is site specific. Sites have found it convenient to subdivide instructor compensation into one or two weeks for training, two weeks for each course, and two weeks for planning.
Brief Job Description
Approved instructors commit to
- training at the four-day workshop,
- work together with the site coordinator to plan and organize the implementation of the course,
- collaboratively plan and co-teach two 80-hour courses within two years (i.e. one course a year for two years),
- deliver the Intel Math course in the manner prescribed in the training workshop, and
- administer and score the assessments associated with the evaluation element of the course.
For more detailed information on the roles and responsibilites of an Intel Math Instructor, please see the Instructor Job Description.
If you are interested in applying as a potential instructor with Intel Math, please
- fill out the Instructor Application,
- email your Resume or CV,
- and a letter of reference regarding your teaching style or recent (past 5 years) teaching evaluations to Aubrey Neihaus.