- Park City Mathematics Institute
- MER Forum
- Focus on Mathematics
- Learning Mathematics for Teaching Project
- Preparing Mathematicians to Educate Teachers
- Foundations for Success (2008)
Report of the National Mathematics Avisory Panel
- National Math Panel Executive Summary (2008)
- Sizing Up State Standards (2008)
A report from the American Federation of Teachers
Action Plan For Addressing the Critical Needs of the U.S. STEM Education System (2007)
Report of the National Science Baord
- Has Student Achievement Increased Since No Child Left
Examines gains in reading and mathematics scores on state tests since 2002, and compares with trends in NAEP scores, as reported in the New York Times.
- Rising Above the Gathering Storm (2007)
Report from the National Academies calling for dramatic improvements in mathematics and science education.
- A Test of Leadership: Charting the Future of U.S. Higher Education (2007)
Report of the Spellings commission on higher education.
Consensus or Confusion? (2006)
Executive summary of a study by the Center for the Study of the Mathematics Curriculum comparing 50 state standards.
- The Education Schools Project (2005)
A series of three reports on the state of the nations schools of education.
- Ready or Not: Creating a High School Diploma That Counts (2004)
Achieve's benchmarks and tasks defining grade 12 expectations for readiness for work and college.
- Highlights from the Trends in International Mathematics>Science Study (2003)
Despite the name, a rather long summary of the results of the latest round of TIMSS testing.
- Before It's Too Late (2000)
The report of the Glenn commission on the state of mathematics and science teaching in the United States.
- Highlights from TIMSS-R (2000)
A short summary of the 1999 Third International Mathematics and Science Study-Repeat
- Highlights from TIMSS (1999)
A very short summary of the 1995 Third International Mathematics and Science Study, of which many conclusions remain valid today.
- A Splintered Vision (1997)
Executive summary of this book, which makes a comparative study of U.S. textbooks and curricula using data from the 1995 TIMSS.
- A Nation at Risk (1983)
An early call to arms about the state of mathematics education.