c-TaP Common Core Mathematics Toolkit
Application for Summer 2012
The Ad Hoc Committee of CBMS on Teachers as Professionals (c-TaP) representing:
- American Federation of Teachers
- Association of State Supervisors of Mathematics
- Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators
- Conference Board of Mathematical Sciences
- IAS/Park City Mathematics Institute
- Institute for Mathematics & Education
- Math for America
- National Assessment Governing Board
- National Council of Supervisors of Mathematics
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- National Educational Association
Contact Ellen Whitesides, director of Common Core projects with questions.
Host an additional day of PD focused on the Common Core at your summer training!
The Common Core Mathematics Toolkit is a one day add-on to existing planned PD. We will send facilitators with a full day program to your planned PD training this summer.
This grade band specific one day program focuses on the following four goals:
- See structure in the Common Core Standards.
- Deeply explore the language used in the Common Core Standards.
- Understand the Standards for Mathematical Practice.
- Analyze classroom tasks for connections to the Common Core Standards.
If your application to host the Toolkit is successful you will receive trained facilitators at your PD site with all the materials necessary for a day program at a specific grade band (elementary, middle, or high school). Two facilitators will be provided for groups less than 30 participants, and an additional facilitator will be provided for each additional 20 participants. For groups larger than 30 participants, more than one grade band program could be run simultaneously. Venue, refreshments, tables, chairs, an easel with chart paper, and AV equipment including computer projecting equipment with sound (either external speakers or connection to a sound system), and a projection surface (screen or blank wall) are the responsibility of the host organization.
The cost of the day long Common Core Toolkit is $200 per participant.