Ad Hoc Committee on Teachers as Professionals
Common Core Toolkit Middle and High School Authors Workshop
March 10, 2012
The Ad Hoc Committee on Teachers as Professionals is made up of representatives from 12 organizations:
- American Federation of Teachers
- Association of State Supervisors of Mathematics
- Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators
- Conference Board of Mathematical Sciences
- IAS/Park City Mathematics Institute
- Institute for Mathematics & Education
- Math for America
- National Assessment Governing Board
- National Council of Supervisors of Mathematics
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- National Educational Association
This meeting intends to give feedback to middle school and high school authors on the current versions of the toolkit. Local experts from the classroom and experts on PD will be present to assist the authors with ideas and feedback to their current toolkit drafts.
The goals of the Toolkit are to help teachers:
- See structure in the standards: progressions, ties, streams, and pinnacle standards.
- Deeply explore the language used in the Common Core and understand this language in the context of different grade levels.
- Understand the Standards for Mathematical Practice and see ways to implement them in the classroom.
- Analyze classroom tasks for connections to the standards and see ways in which they can be adapted to the standards.
The workshop will be held at the Institute for Mathematics and Education, Gould-Simpson building, Room 849. Breakfast and lunch will be catered at the beginning of each half-day session.
Starts at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 10.
- Download the agenda (PDF)